Welcome to Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club, please review the following information regarding club dress code, cell phone policy, information on our locker rooms, and more.
Attire for Clubhouse Dining:
- All Members, their families and their guests are required to dress in proper, casual attire. Athletic clothing is acceptable following the current codes determined by tennis, fitness and golf. Denim is permitted in the Gallery Grill & Bar, the 1911 Room, The Men’s Grill and the Ladies’ Locker Room only if the garment is in good fitted condition with no holes or fraying. Cut-offs and cargo shorts or pants are not allowed. Please note that denim is not acceptable at Club special events, wine dinners or private parties unless specified otherwise. Collared shirts are required by males except those allowed by the fitness center with sleeves. Ball caps must be removed while dining. Ladies should use good judgment with skirt and short length acceptable for tennis and golf. Uncovered bathing attire is prohibited. No person shall be allowed to use the facilities whose appearance is unkempt and slovenly.
Etiquette and Attire:
- Members, family members (including junior golfers of all ages) and their guests are required to wear proper attire while using the practice facility and playing the golf course. Flip flops are not considered proper attire and may not be worn while using any the practice facilities or playing the golf course. Traditional golf shirts, slacks, skirts, and shorts are acceptable. Men’s golf shirts must have a collar and be tucked in. Turtleneck and mock neck collars must be at least one-and one-half inches in height. All skirts and shorts must be of sufficient length to be no shorter than four inches above the knee. Short shorts, halters, or abbreviated attire, tank tops, athletic shorts, cargo pants or shorts, athletic shorts, swim trunks, tennis shorts, and blue jeans are not permitted. Cargo shorts or pants are defined as any shorts that have exterior pockets (pockets on the outside of the short/pant). These rules apply for all ages.
- Caps and hats, if worn, shall be worn with the brim facing forward. Hats maybe worn only in the following areas: Golf Pro Shop, Men’s and Ladies’ Locker Rooms, and Ladies’ Grill. The Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club is a spike less facility. No metal spikes are allowed and shoes must be changed in the locker room. Club Management will deny golf course privileges to any individual whose attire is not considered appropriate by the Golf Professional. Appropriate attire is available in the Golf Pro Shop. All Members shall conform to the rules of etiquette set out in the U.S.G.A. Rules of Golf. Indifference to the right of other Club Members is not in the spirit of fellowship that should characterize a fine Country Club. The Club policies and rules are adopted to provide an atmosphere in which all Members can enjoy the Club facilities and functions. We all benefit from mutual cooperation.
Cell Phones and Electronic Devices within the Clubhouse:
- The use of cellphones is limited to non-vocal communication (texting and email). Phones must be set to “silent” or “vibrate”. If vocal use is necessary, one must remove themselves from social areas until the call is complete. It is requested that devices be kept in pockets and/or handbags.
- As a guest you are welcome to utilize our Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms. Stacey Gladden, our Locker Room Manager and his staff will be glad to accommodate you with a guest locker and any of our offered services that will add to your experience at Oklahoma City Golf & Country Club.